Anas Festival

Rogaška Slatina Well-being, Relaxation and Health from the Source

Park hiša
 

Sights within the Spa Resort


Forest spring

The forest spring is one of the oldest springs of Rogaška Slatina and was mentioned in the first promotional booklet of the Health resort, in the year 1883. It was promoted as a spring with “iron water”. Up to the spring led a famous Path of sighs, the scene of uncountable romances...
Access: at the foot of the hill Janina 
 

Ivan's spring

  Ivan’s spring is still preserved and alive today. It is rich with iron. The time of its discovery is not known, but it is mentioned in different sources as early as 1821. It was named by Archduke John of Habsburg, a regular guest and sponsor of the Health resort in the first half of the 19th century. 
Access: in the near proximity of the Rogaška Riviera (behind the apartments of the Villa Golf). 

St. Ana chapel

The chapel was built in the year 1804 and is dedicated to St. Ana, the protector of the Healing-centre. The chapel has neo-Romanic features and the plans for it were made in Graz. It is a single nave building with a rectangular absido. The altar picture of St. Mary with the child and St. Ana was painted in the year 1686 by the baroque painter Hans Adam Weissenkirchner of Štajerska. The famous architect Jože Plečnik remodelled it in the year 1926. Interesting is, that the county holiday falls exactly on the day of St. Ana (26th of July), who as a saint reflects the worldly attitude toward health.
Access: At the foot of the Ivan’s hill (behind the building of the Medical centre).

 

Kidrič monument

  The portrait of the statue of Boris Kidrič (1912-1953), a local man, an organiser of the Liberation Front, the first Slovene prime minister and high political functionary of the former Yugoslavia. The author of the memorial built in the year 1983 is the sculptor Stojan Batič. 
Access: the monument it situated in front of the building of the Medical centre. 

The statue of Count Ferdinand Attems

The bust of count Ferdinand Attems (1746-1820), provincial governor of Štajerska, the founder of the Provincial Health resort in 1803, was put on the lookout point above today’s Medical centre in 1828. The author is a sculptor Leopold Kisling from Vienna. 
Access: the monument today stands at the foot of the hill next to the Hotel Aleksander 

 

The monument to the fallen in the National Liberation Struggle 1941 – 1945

  The obelisk rich wit decoration was built in 1952. Its author is an architect Vinko Glanz. He also made the plans for the hotel Slovenia. The surface decoration was made by the sculptor Boris Kalin, engraved in stone are the verses of a poet Ig Gruden. 
Access: European platform 

Monument of St. Janez Nepomuk

The statue of the saint was build after finishing the arrangement works around the springs in1723 by the Society of Vienna’s pharmacists. As thanks they were given a concession for selling the mineral water by the Emperor. The monument was first located next to the pavillion Tempel and was moved after the Second World War to its current location.
Access: The foot of Ivan’s hill (next to the St. Ana chapel).

 

Mineral water drinking hall

  In a round building you can try the healing waters Tempel, Styria and Donat, which based on the content of magnesium stays still today at the top of natural mineral waters of Europe. The healing mineral water, which comes from the depth of 550 meters / 1804,5 feet, has due to its unique mineral content proven effective with many diseases, stress and other malfunctions of the organism. 
Access: Medical centre.

The Crystal hall of the Grand Hotel Rogaška

The Crystal hall is the scene of concerts and balls. The finest event that took place there was the Ana’s ball with an almost 200-year tradition. On the walls of the hall hang four excellent oil paintings, works of a famous Austrian painter A. Schötterja from the year 1912. Descriptions of the paintings: 1st painting: Ban Petar Zrinjski at the spring around the year 1640, 2nd painting: year 1825 provincial governor, count Ferdinand Attems is looking at the construction plans for the Health centre, 3rd painting: Austrian archduke John at the arrival to the Health centre in 1836, 4th painting: Emperor Franc Jožef 1st visiting the Health centre in1883. The faith of the last painting is very unusual and interesting. The arrival of King Aleksander Karađorđević to Rogaška Slatina was drawn on its back by a Slovene painter Ivan Vavpotič in 1925.  
Access: Grand Hotel Rogaška.
 

Health centre (currently Grand Hotel Rogaška)

  Among the artistic monuments of Rogaška Slatina the most representative and also the most famous is the ex Health centre, built in classicistic style. The first Health centre was built in 1823. Great interest in accommodations and treatments in Rogaška Slatina has caused a need for new urban design and the construction of a second Health centre, the construction of which took as long as 15 years (1844-1859). In August of 1910 The Health-centre was illuminated in order to prepare it for the celebration in honour of the birthday of Franz Jožef 1st. The place got caught on fire, which almost completely ruined the second Health centre. Immediately after the fire, the construction of the third Health centre was started. It was opened in1912 and a crest of Štajerska was put onto its facade. 
Access: Health resort.

Old administrative building

The Old administrative building is the oldest building in Rogaška Slatina. We can recognise it in the oldest picture of Rogaška Slatina, which was drawn by Karel Russ in 1810. The old directory, where the Jemšek homestead with a restaurant used to stand, was built in 1805-06 by land estates, who had taken over the Spa resort. In it was a directory with the manager (Amtshaus), an apartment of the official doctor and also meant to host the finest guests (The first doctor of Rogaška Slatina, Johann Fröhlich, hosted in it the archduke Ivan, who has in that same place written the memoirs of Rogaška Slatina). In the oldest building a Graphical museum had its place. In it one could see the unique graphical collection, which was formed on the basis of a donation by a regular customer of the Spa resort Rogaška Slatina, Kurt Müller from Swiss.
Access: Spa resort
 

Weather house

  The weather house was supposed to be built in 1926 and is situated in the Spa park. On it one can see the wooden reliefs, on the back of which it is written: 

  1. When drinking mineral water one strengthens his health.
  2. In the park she and he met and showed their affection with a kiss.
  3. Love was ignited, emotions were speaking.
  4. She is sitting in the park all alone once more and heals her wounds with mineral water her wreath has shrivelled.
  5. Rainy days are long and lonely.

Access: Spa park